When it comes to personal branding online you have the choice between: “Drive or be driven”. By being passive you let other competitors not only position themselves but if they wished, they could even damage your brand and reputation without you knowing about it.
A good strategy to keep the issue not only under control but really drive the way you want to be seen and your brand to be propagated throughout the web, is to take active control. Now, the good news is SEO and Social Media can really help you to achieve to protect your reputation, if you just follow some simple rules.
– Acquire at least a basic skill set of online Reputation management
– Own your media including domain name and your official blog
– Register your name with all major social media platfroms (Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, …)
– Dominate and own your Search results
– Track your mentions regularly (either manually or with a dedicated tool)
– Actively respond to mentions and social media inputs
– Build a blog to share your own message with the appropriate content
– Strive to build your online brand to be the recognized authority in your domain
– Protect your reputation by any means and watch out what you are posting
It takes a lot of efforts and time to build a brand and even more to protect it. Once the damage is done it is very difficult, sometimes impossible and in any case very time consuming and expensive to get the issue fixed. Think about it before it is to late.
“It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.” – Warren Buffett @WarrenBuffett
If you would like to read on about the subject there is one article by Zac Johnson from searchenginejournal.com, I would like to recommend. Maybe you have had some issues with privacy or controlling your image on the web. Feel free to drop me a line to share your thoughts.
Courtesy: searchenginejournal.com |Source: http://dld.bz/dApwj | #socialmarketing #job #personalbranding